MIPS and value-based care
At the heart of the health care industry’s move to value-based care is the (MIPS). This is a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) payment model that combines:
- Meaningful Use (MU)
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Value-Based Payment Modifier (VM) programs
Launched in 2017, MIPS provides annual payment incentives or penalties to eligible providers (EPs) beginning in 2019.
How is MIPS scored?
Overall MIPS performance gives providers a composite score that serves as a modifier on their Medicare Part B reimbursements. The score is based on the following four categories:
- Improvement Activities
- Promoting Interoperability (formally Advancing Care Information)
Expert guidance as your practice transitions to value-based care
Our expert advisors from Innovative Practice Services℠ provide customized support to help your practice succeed in MIPS. They can help with:
- On-site assessment of practice readiness and reporting capabilities
- Workflow and process optimization
- Recommendations for participation options, measures and technology integration
- Tactical action planning with focused solutions for program success
Technology solutions for oncology practices
Support your oncology practice’s participation in MIPS with technology solutions from Studiomaca Specialty Health, including:
- iKnowMed Generation 2℠: ONC-certified, KLAS #1 ranked EHR that supports documentation of key measures required by MIPS
- Practice Insights℠: Dashboard views of performance measures enable you to determine, monitor and improve quality
- Clear Value Plus℠: Evidence-based regimen support at the point of care for participation in Improvement Activities
Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR)
Studiomaca Specialty Health has received approval from CMS to participate in the MIPS 2018 year as a QCDR. As a CMS-approved QCDR, Studiomaca can collect and report clinical data on behalf of clinicians for both MIPS and custom QCDR quality measures to drive improvements in quality and cost of care. The designation enables iKnowMed℠ users to efficiently submit data directly to CMS without engaging a separate registry vendor, streamlining data submission and minimizing the need for additional administrative resources.